Thursday, September 16, 2010

Photostory Friday: 365 Week 37

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli


The week I pointed my camera at Emma

Day 252


September 10: What you can't see are the rabbit ears behind my head: the source of my sorrow and Emma's maniacal bliss.


Day 253


September 11: The transformation

A little make-up. A little time. And a little girl becomes a very big giraffe.


Day 254


September 12: Here Emma is modeling one of the latest hats created by her mother -- an essential accessory in your Autumn 2010 wardrobe, and now available on Etsy!


Day 255


September 13: I play the piano. But I have neither the talent or the patience to try and teach my children to play. So we leave Emma's musical education up to the professionals -- with an occasional assist from her mother. Like in this shot.


Day 256


September 14: I have two cameras: A Pentax, and a Canon.

Technically, the Canon is the better of the two, but when I point my Pentax at the sky, it does this.

It's probably the result of some setting that I need to adjust, and don't know how to.

Which is why I have two cameras....



Day 257


September 15: How do you make a shot of two green tomatoes cool?

The answer is: you don't. No matter how hard you try, it's still just two tomatoes that refuse to ripen.


Day 258


September 16: I hate Thursdays.

Ok, that's not really true. I love Thursdays. The week is almost over, and it's the one day I get to spend being creative, and spending time with other wonderfully creative people. I get a MUCH needed mental workout.

Except that the universe constantly conspires against me. Thursday is the night when nothing else is supposed to happen, and it always turns out that it's the night when EVERYTHING else happens.

Thursdays hate me.

9 comments:

Emmy said...

LOVE that picture of Emma with the hat, so wonderful. And yes that sky is amazing.

Honey Mommy said...

I think Thursdays hate Cecily more than you! Pop on over and read about HER day...


Love the picture of the sky. It's from your car, right? You probably have as many out-the-car-window shots as I have moon shots!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

i love that hat! I want that hat for my niece! And I love that photo!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Au usual great shots. My favorites are the piano one and the sky!

cat said...

Love the one with Emma and the hat. It is stunning.

Emily said...

I love your Emma shots. That hand one is so sweet. Maybe because I have a soft spot for piano lessons...I can't wait until my children start theirs!

Unknown said...

Love that sky, and the piano!

Kat said...

That Emma is just full of it. And I love it! :)
That sky shot! Wow.
And I happen to like the tomato shot. :)

{krista} said...

Perhaps it's the angle you are holding the camera on that sky shot. Or it could be the camera. Cuz seriously, something is wrong with it? Pshaw!