Saturday, January 14, 2012

366: Week 2

8/366


January 8: Here is this week's self portrait. It's a "C" chord. Chris starts with "C." And so does cookie.

I taught myself to play the piano several years ago, and it all started with the "C" -- it's the only note I can identify by sound.


9/366


January 9: Sean and Gus, the Psych Bobble Heads -- you know dat's right!

If you grew up in the 1980's and you don't watch Psych, you're missing out on the funniest show on television.

Seriously, what's wrong with you?


10/366


January 10: Fire and Ice.

And chain link.

One of the things I love about this project is how it opens my eyes to the world around me -- especially in the winter, when daylight is scarce. I see light and lines and shapes in places that I would normally pass them by. I saw this little chunk of ice hanging on a fence at work and, yes, I stopped everything I was doing, grabbed the camera from my car, and spent five minutes exploring the scene.

Hey! This isn't the Employee of the Month Project.


11/366


January 11: I swear, there was nothing important happening in FRONT of my car. This is what happens if I don't take pictures at work in January -- I'm limited to shooting out the window on the commute or taking pictures on my kitchen counter.

Both of which are in evidence this week.


12/366


January 12: We're going to Disneyland in October, for my (cough, cough) fortieth birthday, and we started planning this week. I love Disneyland. I want to marry it.

Actually, I need to pace myself, because I am fully capable of going right off the rails with enthusiasm.

Hold me back.


13/366


January 13: The thirteenth day of the year seems a little early (and desperate) to be taking pictures of the backyard fence already...but look at those lines... they were calling to me. 

"Chris...." said the fence, "Chriiiiiiissssssss....look at my pretty, straight lines...look at the nail pattern...and when are you going to stain me...?"


14/366


January 14: You know what I love most about this picture? It's not the sunburst. It's not the silhouetted conifer. It's not even the subtle lighting on the mountain peak...it's the OBVIOUS dust spots on my camera's sensor!

Sheesh. 


Bonus



Pam, over at No-Ordinary Life, and who's heading up the Facebook portion of the 366 Project this year, challenged us this week to "Look Up." Here's my contribution: Mr. Fredricksen's house, from the movie "Up."

It's authentic, inside and out.

So there  :)

3 comments:

Sheri said...

You live near the Up house? That's awesome!!

{krista} said...

I didn't do one fun thing for my 40th. :(

I am still participating... just passive aggressively. I just hope they let me keep my camera when I am in my padded room.

Corey~living and loving said...

you nailed it when you said that this project makes you more aware of the life around you. The ice shot.....fabulous. We gotta appreciate the little things. :)

Love the self portrait. link up if you haven't already. :)