Sunday, January 29, 2012

366: Week 4

 22/366


January 22: Self Portrait. That's me on the right.


23/366


January 23: S'mores on a stick.

Here's the recipe: Take one tooth pick, skewer a marshmallow, dip it in melted chocolate, roll it in graham cracker crumbs.

Eat.

One.

It's pretty hearty.


24/366


January 24: Yes, this week I took pictures of toys. My toys.

These are my Mulder and Scully action figures (they're NOT dolls! -- that would be my Ken and Barbie as Mulder and Scully...)

The X-Files was a show specifically designed for me -- the weird and the unexplained are right up my alley (whenever I go to the library, the first place I head is the 000-100 section -- that's where all the weird subjects are), and at it's peak, was one of the best shows on television. But, by the end of the run, it was pretty ridiculous -- and the last movie is unspeakably bad.

The truth is out there.


25/366


January 25: Bokeh is a Japanese term referring to the quality of the out of focus portion of a photograph. The art of the blur, for lack of a better term.

I shoot a lot of zoomed in pictures, which results in a lot of blurry backgrounds, but this was the first time I intentionally tried to incorporate the blurred background as an essential part of the picture itself.

I kind of like the effect.


26/366


January 26: In fact, I had so much fun, I tried it again the next night. Can you tell who my mystery guest is?


27/366


January 27: Chuck vs. The Goodbye

Chuck is one of my favorite shows, and tonight they aired the final episode. The show had it all -- action, a LOT of humor, and heartbreaking sincerity. I freely admit I can get pretty sappy at times (I choked up several times in the recent Muppet movie), but I make no apologies.

Every episode of the five year run of this show was good. Not many shows have that kind of record. 


28/366


January 28: So, I stole this idea from the internet, but it looked like so much fun I just had to try it.

I am very pleased with the way these pictures turned out (I have several others), and it gave me some great ideas for some other pictures -- stay tuned!

It just occurred to me that this week is full of pop culture touchstones from my life -- that was completely accidental.

That usually means something has tickled my nostalgia bone.

8 comments:

Sheri said...

I've looked at your photos twice now - once here and once on Facebook and it just struck me that the Bokeh above the tea cup looks like steam. Very cool!

{krista} said...

All this time I thought it was your mad photography skillz and talent for writing that brought me back... turns out, it's your rather impressive toy collection.

I think you should reenact the whole Raiders of the lost ark series... Indiana Jones is a stud!

Connie Moreno said...

WOW! What col pics! And Mulder & Scully to boot? Awesome!!

kevin21 said...

Gray Jacket

Moncler Jackets Sale

Coat Women Ziper

kevin21 said...

Amelie Shearling Boot

Caroline Ballet Flat Tory Burch Sale

Cheetah Reva Ballet Flat

Tory Burch Amelie Shearling

Tory Burch Christal Boot

Tory Burch Christal High Heel Boot Review

Tory Burch Duck Boots

Tory Burch Flats

Tory Burch Flip Flops

Tory Burch Model Tb0151

Tory Burch Riding Boot

kevin said...

Canada Goose Montebello

Canada Goose Victoria Jacket For Women<

abby9648@gmail.com said...

Amelie Shearling Boot

Caroline Ballet Flat Tory Burch Sale

Cheetah Reva Ballet Flat

Tory Burch Amelie Shearling

Tory Burch Christal Boot

Tory Burch Christal High Heel Boot Review

Tory Burch Duck Boots

Tory Burch Flats

Tory Burch Flip Flops

Tory Burch Model Tb0151

Tory Burch Riding Boot

kevin said...

Cheap Newport Cigarettes Free Shipping

Newport Cigarettes

Newport 100s