Sunday, January 29, 2012

366: Week 4

 22/366


January 22: Self Portrait. That's me on the right.


23/366


January 23: S'mores on a stick.

Here's the recipe: Take one tooth pick, skewer a marshmallow, dip it in melted chocolate, roll it in graham cracker crumbs.

Eat.

One.

It's pretty hearty.


24/366


January 24: Yes, this week I took pictures of toys. My toys.

These are my Mulder and Scully action figures (they're NOT dolls! -- that would be my Ken and Barbie as Mulder and Scully...)

The X-Files was a show specifically designed for me -- the weird and the unexplained are right up my alley (whenever I go to the library, the first place I head is the 000-100 section -- that's where all the weird subjects are), and at it's peak, was one of the best shows on television. But, by the end of the run, it was pretty ridiculous -- and the last movie is unspeakably bad.

The truth is out there.


25/366


January 25: Bokeh is a Japanese term referring to the quality of the out of focus portion of a photograph. The art of the blur, for lack of a better term.

I shoot a lot of zoomed in pictures, which results in a lot of blurry backgrounds, but this was the first time I intentionally tried to incorporate the blurred background as an essential part of the picture itself.

I kind of like the effect.


26/366


January 26: In fact, I had so much fun, I tried it again the next night. Can you tell who my mystery guest is?


27/366


January 27: Chuck vs. The Goodbye

Chuck is one of my favorite shows, and tonight they aired the final episode. The show had it all -- action, a LOT of humor, and heartbreaking sincerity. I freely admit I can get pretty sappy at times (I choked up several times in the recent Muppet movie), but I make no apologies.

Every episode of the five year run of this show was good. Not many shows have that kind of record. 


28/366


January 28: So, I stole this idea from the internet, but it looked like so much fun I just had to try it.

I am very pleased with the way these pictures turned out (I have several others), and it gave me some great ideas for some other pictures -- stay tuned!

It just occurred to me that this week is full of pop culture touchstones from my life -- that was completely accidental.

That usually means something has tickled my nostalgia bone.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

I've looked at your photos twice now - once here and once on Facebook and it just struck me that the Bokeh above the tea cup looks like steam. Very cool!

{krista} said...

All this time I thought it was your mad photography skillz and talent for writing that brought me back... turns out, it's your rather impressive toy collection.

I think you should reenact the whole Raiders of the lost ark series... Indiana Jones is a stud!

Connie Moreno said...

WOW! What col pics! And Mulder & Scully to boot? Awesome!!