Sunday, November 3, 2013

Gratitude: Balance

I'm tempted to be thankful for the extra hour I'm going to have to sleep tomorrow morning...but I think I can do better.

When the world gets crazy, the temptation is to get crazy right along with it. In a big way. Following the Pied Piper of Insanity is the path of least resistance. And if you don't find some way to balance the forces pushing and pulling you in every direction, those forces will bend you into an unrecognizable form.

I know how to work, and I know how to play, and I'm grateful to find meaning in each experience.

I know how to fight and I know how to forgive, and sometimes you have to do both.

I know the power of words, and I know that sometimes you give them, and sometimes you receive them.

I know that the heart matters as much as the head.




I know that balance is the key to everything...and without it, you don't walk, you can't run, and you'll never soar.

But when you find that balance point, between what you need and what you want, between what  you know and what you feel, between what you do and what you say...between what you hold on to with all your strength, and what you let go of with out regret...you'll find that those forces will propel you, and you will walk, and then you'll run...and then you will take flight.

Tonight, I'm thankful for balance.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for your kindness and efforts to helping us in many ways. More powers to you.

Web Designing Karachi