Friday, November 1, 2013

Thankful

I spend a lot of time, lately, thinking about what's wrong with this world.

It's not hard to do. It's a mess.

But it's not me.

I'm a glass half full person. I'm an optimist. I love life. My world is a colorful, vibrant, happy, cacophonous place...which is just the way I like it.

I like the shadows too, but the shadows of life are to accent and define the scene...

But lately, the shadows are spreading an overcast of gloom over the picture, and I'm tired of it. Something is missing in my world, and I think I know what it is.

It's been a long time since I really considered how blessed I am and, more importantly, how grateful I am for those blessings.

As I sit here, in the darkness of my kitchen, and begin to ponder the things I'm thankful for, I can't remember all those things that are wrong with the world. They can't compete on the stage of my memory with things like kisses and whispers, smiles and unicycles, love and loyalty, friendship and faith and things that last forever.

I resist adding to that list, because I look forward to exploring it over the next month. Gratitude covers a multitude of pain and shortcomings. It's an act of mercy and grace. I want to know what I'm thankful for.

I need to know.

7 comments:

hebba said...

NOevember is always a good month to do this!

sarah lee said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


edupdf.org

Leslie Lim said...

I found myself enjoying from your blog. You have a wonderful and informative article. I learned a lot from it. Keep posting and looking forward for more update. Thank you!

Bom
www.imarksweb.org

lee woo said...

Love it! Very interesting topics, I hope the incoming comments and suggestion are equally positive. Thank you for sharing this information that is actually helpful.


matreyastudios
matreyastudios.com

joy said...

If we have faith , we trust God and if we trust God we have everything in life.
I am so glad to be given a chance to read your wonderful article. Im looking forward to read more of your works and posts. You did a good job! Try to visit my site too and enjoy.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

Barbie Chiu said...

Taking risk is not bad as long as you know that you can handle it right and make sure you don't regret at the end. Visit my site for more information and thanks for your wonderful article it did helped me a lot.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

Cindy Dy said...

So happy to be given a privilege to post a comment here. You have a wonderful site. Thank you for the effort to publish this.

www.gofastek.com