Thursday, December 24, 2009

Photostory Friday: Merry Christmas

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily



The shopping is done. The food has been eaten. The goodies all delivered.

The snow has fallen, and the night sky is now bright with stars. Somewhere in that night sky flies a jolly man -- a saint, the embodiment of generosity -- and his small team of reindeer and a sleigh full of dreams.

Good will descends upon the world like a gentle dusting of pure, white snow.

Ralphie has his Red Ryder, two-hundred shot, range model air rifle. Clark Griswold has his Christmas bonus. It snowed in Vermont. Ebenezer Scrooge has been redeemed, and I have an appointment, later this evening, in Bedford Falls, with the George Bailey Family.

One by one, exhausted by the anticipation, the children fade away -- for a few brief hours, at least.

The wassail is simmering. The leg lamp is lit. Bing Crosby sings quietly in the background.

In a manger; in the churches; in the cities and the countries; in the fields and the hills; from ocean to ocean, and peak to peak; in the warmest of homes and the darkest of streets, shines an Everlasting Light.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Christmas to all and to all a good night! Merry Christmas, Chris!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

{krista} said...

Ah, the Wassail... I knew I was missing something... I don't get mine until Saturday. Merry Christmas (again)

kayerj said...

Merry Christmas--I hope you find something nice in your stocking.

imbeingheldhostage said...

And to you and yours, Chris. I hope it's magical.

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Merry Christmas!! I hope you all had a lovely day!!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all the best in the coming year!

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

Do you HAVE a leg lamp?? :)

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Michelle said...

Chris -- I hope you had a fantastic Christmas with your family!