Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Noblest of Heroes

What do you do when you've done all you can, and you feel like you can't go on? 

What do you do when you feel like all you are doing just isn't enough?

What do you do when you've answered every call, and you feel like you have nothing left to give?

What do you do when you think your back can't possibly bear one more burden? 

What do you do when it feels like you're tied to the front of a bullet train, and heading for a brick wall?

What do you do?

I'll tell you what you do...

You astound me. You have never failed -- not when it really mattered. Your character is rock solid.

You inspire me. I've never seen anyone that can do more with less. Being in your presence -- living on the same planet as you -- makes me want to be a better person. 

It makes me a better person. 

You lift those around you. It never ceases to amaze me that those who bear the heaviest burdens are often called on to lift those who surround them. But what really staggers me is that that person is always up to the challenge. 

You climb the mountain anyway. You cross the ocean. You don't just reach for the stars -- you reach them. Because you have to. It's who you are. 

You get back up. You're a fighter. You think you don't have one more punch in you. You have rounds to go, and you're not even winded. I can see it, even if you can't.

And lastly, I'll tell you what you don't do:

You don't quit. You don't break. You don't stop. You never say die. 

David beat Goliath.

That's how the story ends. The little guy wins. Victory, this most important victory, is not to the swiftest or the strongest, it's belongs to the noblest hero -- the one who endures. 

When it's all said and done, that hero conquers. 

You are that hero.

No comments: