Monday, February 9, 2009

Catching up...

I've gotten a little behind on my blogging duties recently, so here are a couple of loose ends I need to tie up:

First of all, a big THANK YOU to Tabitha at I Choose Bliss, for the following award: 

Great Attitude and Gratitude


Tabitha is one of the most caring and unselfish bloggers I have come across. Her every thought seems to be of others. She has been such a positive voice in the events of the last few weeks in my family. I'm convinced that if God hears prayers, he hears Tabitha. 

Her blog is aptly named, and such an inspiration. She simply chooses bliss. What a bold and wonderful choice! Thank you, Tabitha -- for everything.


This little tag has finally caught up to me, thanks to Alisha,over at Izzy 'n' Emmy:

25 Random Things (you're going to wish I'd kept to
 myself)

1. I am totally, and helplessly in love with my wife. 

2. I sleep with socks on. 

3. And slippers. 

4. I am a t-shirt and jeans/t-shirt and shorts kind of guy. 

5. I collect stuffed Opuses (or is that Opi? -- you know, the penguin from Bloom County).

6. I never liked Bloom County. 

7. I can't relax if the kitchen is a mess. 

8. I carry a pen everywhere. 

9. I like macaroni and cheese. 

10. I'm a Mac.

11. I play the piano by ear. 

12. I changed the side I part my hair on when I was 20.

13. I comb my hair with a broken comb.

14. I love the movie Mama Mia.

15. I wish I was a writer. 

16. I clear my schedule for 24.

17. Oooh, and Chuck. 

18. I secretly wish I was Jack Bauer. 

19. And Chuck.

20. I have a 10 foot, 12 plait, kangaroo skin bullwhip -- just like Indiana Jones. 

21. I also secretly wish I was Indiana Jones. 

22. I love generic grape soda. 

23. Home repairs scare me to death. 

24. I always clip my fingernails, on the drive to work, on Monday morning. 

25. I can't think of one more thing to write. 


And there you have it...are you still with me?


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...Your 25 things are sooo funny!
You are more than welcome my friend and your words have me going to bed smiling big time. Thank You :)

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

I'm with you all the way on the generic grape soda. It tastes waaaaay better than Welch's or any other name brand. :)

Corey~living and loving said...

I'm with you!

I did my 25 a few weekends ago...it got a bit....ummmmm strange. :)

Melissa ♥ Spoiled Mommy said...

Oh I so need to catch up on that kind of stuff too!

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

Congrats on the award!!

#2 - ew. lol. I cannot stand it when my husband wears socks to bed. Yuck. I make him take them off. It could be 50 below zero (like the children's story) and I'd still make him take them off.

#15 - you are a writer. You write beautiful blog entries each and every time. You are a writer.

Great List :D

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

LOL. That totally cracked me up. I love that you clip your nails in the car. haha!

Straight to Your Hart said...

So...about the hair thing? Since you brought up the parting on the other side..how bout a 80s pic??

Last night was soooo great. Even though a re-run 2 hours of 24!! Great way to snuggle in for the night...yes a tidbit early but well worth it!

Cecily R said...

I secretly want to be Sarah. Jack Bauer scares me ever since I saw him bite that dude's carotid artery...shudder!!

Michelle said...

Ha! I enjoyed reading those. I wear socks to bed too. My feet get cold easy. I usually fall asleep with my book on my face and the book light on. But I wake up with it gone (I suspect my hubby).

Love 24 and Chuck. Both great shows!!

Mandy said...

You are a funny guy!

Michelle said...

LOL....great list! Gotta love any man who admits to liking the movie Mama Mia.

Holly said...

Congrats on your award!

I sleep with socks too. My feet love 'em.

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

GREAT list and congrats on the award! I just knew that you would give me 25 great things! It's so hard to do those meme's. I had a terrible time coming up with my list.

Thanks for playing!

Kat said...

I LOVE mac and cheese! :)
Great list!
And congrats on your award. :)

Cupcake Dessert said...

congrats for the award!! your 25 things are so funny!!!! and i am alergic to grape soda of all kinds.. i know, i know im missing out :)

sunshinesls said...

Loved your 25!