Saturday, February 7, 2009

Things I did once...#3

When I was in high school, I was VERY concerned with my hair. 

It was the late 80's  - early 90's, when mullets ran wild and free. At that time I had quite a bit of hair, and to keep it perfectly coifed required a LOT of hairspray. 

No, I will not be posting a picture.

I spent many more minutes in front of the bathroom mirror, than you, or Dick Cheney, could get me to admit to. 

Anyway. One day I was at my dad's house -- having spent the night -- and was in front of the mirror primping and preening, getting every lock of hair just right. Then I reached for the hairspray, and sprayed. A lot.

Then I sprayed some more. 

A lot more. It didn't seem to be holding. 

Obviously I needed MORE hairspray. Spray, spray, spray sprrrrraaaayyyyyy, SSSSSPPPRRAAAYYYYYY!!!!!

It wasn't holding!

As I went for the ninth round of spray, I happened to look at the can I was holding in my hand.




But, you know what?

My hair didn't sweat once that day.

15 comments:

TuTu's Bliss said...

I still want the picture!!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

That's hilarious! :)

Corey~living and loving said...

LOL too funny! My hubby once sprayed himself with RAID instead of bug repellant. eeekkkk....that wasn't good.

come on by my blog to see some cows. cows rule. :)

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

That is hillarious Chris!! I too want to see that picture lol.

Btw, you mentioned before that you don't know how Duckman got his nickname. I wrote about it for my Sweetheart Saturday post. So if you're interested, go take a look :D

SalGal said...

I could be bribed to scan some yearbook photos and post them. It doesn't take much to bribe me. In fact, just the thought of it is motivation enough!

Anonymous said...

LOL....!!!!

Michelle said...

Classic!

imbeingheldhostage said...

I need you to picture me. Sitting at a table with a fork in my hand (good thing I edit, I originally typed "head" and that just ruined the whole point).
Got the image? I am banging that fork down on a table like I'm an extra in an Oliver!production. "We want the photo, we want the photo!"

Come on Chris, mullet photos? How could you mention it and NOT post it?

Pam Emmons said...

You are such a nerd. I once put my contacts in nose spray. They hurt going back in my eyes, to say the least.

Val said...

Chris might not post a picture but I know for a fact that Sharon could be convinced to do it.(maybe for a small fee) I either did not listen to the whole story or you left out the remainder of the mullet story

Please Sharon share the picture!

Aaron said...

Brilliant!!!

And you said there was nothing about you I didn't know.....

Straight to Your Hart said...

LMAO!!! Did it leave a nice white residue..??

Brandy said...

OMG thats fantastic!

Honey Mommy said...

That is HILARIOUS!

I have reached for what I thought was lotion, smeared it all over my hands and arms only to find that it was actually a sample bottle of shower gel. Nice!

sunshinesls said...

Ok...now, you can't tell a story like this and NOT insert a picture! Funny!!