Wednesday, March 4, 2009

365 Week: 9

365 Week: 9

The week I mostly took pictures of Emma...


Day 57


February 26: Well, I told you the story of Emma's popcorn last Friday, but here's one of the outtakes. Emma is VERY impressed with her cross-eyed ability. 


Day 58


February 27: You know you wanted to see it. 12 staples here, plus two in the belly button, and one more where the laproscope went in. 

This is what it takes to remove an unwanted guest from the stomach of the most important person in your life. (Well, I didn't do the actual removing -- but you knew that...)


Day 59



February 28: Remember when life was what you made it? I had to buy a new dryer today (because fixing things is just not very likely in my world). Emma, who excels at entertaining herself, immediately confiscated the box. If this doesn't take you back, nothing will. 


Day 60


March 1: Did you know Emma had freckles on her nose? Me either. It turns out the camera lens I've been using for almost five years has a macro setting! (Have I ever mentioned that I don't read the manuals that come with my cameras -- or anything else -- so discoveries like this come with a great deal of serendipity). 

A whole new world has opened up for me.


Day 61


March 2: Maximum (MAAHX-im-muhm): The highest limit. The greatest value. The most. 

So why is it only rated 8 out of 10?

Am I the only one who thinks about these things?


Day 62


March 3: I couldn't decide what to take a picture of  today, so I asked for help. Our friend Cecily responded that I should take a picture of something that required me to lay on my back. The problem is everywhere I lay on my back in my yard, the only view is of sky.

Except for one place. 

So this one's for you, Cecily!

I only almost broke my neck (and my camera -- and subsequently my face) once. 


Day 63


March 4: I just love glass half full people. 



Oh, and the winner is (by one vote):

22 comments:

Melissa said...

I hope that unwanted guest is gone for good!!! I wish your wife a LOOOOONNNG, HEALTHY life!!
BTW- i see you took "my" advice on your new profile picture... :)

Terri said...

I just love the way your mind works! Great trampoline photo! I want to be Emma when I grow up.

Kat said...

I love the freckles on the nose. So sweet!
And very clever you, under the trampoline. :)

Pam Emmons said...

Dude, does my camera have a macro setting? Guess I should find out before I go buy a lens!

kayerj said...

photo journaling--
my favorite way to look at life

Oh, the trampoline shot is my favorite. I think I'll try lying on my back and getting a few shots of the grandkiddies

Michelle said...

The trampoline shot, awesome. Those staples, ouch. That Emma, adorable.

Cecily R said...

Right ON! That trampoline shot is RAD.

The staples are not so rad, but if that's what it takes to get that junk out of her, maybe they are.

And good gosh we need to get Gracie and Emma together someday!!

Corey~living and loving said...

great series. I love day 62. AWESOME. glad you didn't die capturing it. :)

Carebear said...

Some great photos here. Your Emma is so cute - kind of a clown sometimes, huh? That's my favorite kind of kid. And I have a weak spot for freckles! Can't resist them, so if she was my kid I'd let her have cake for breakfast and stay up too late. Stitches aren't so cute, but hopefully they are a reminder of the day SHE BEAT IT! Praying for her. Thanks for stopping by my blog. What the %@*# is my favorite post of each week too!

Mom24 said...

It's amazing how a scar (potential scar) can be so beautiful. I hope that 'guest' is gone for good.

I love the trampoline picture.

I have to admit the dryer box sounds like a lot of fun.

I've been playing around with my macro setting, but I'm not having the success you are. Most of the time my camera refuses to take the picture I want it to take.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

I love the photo of you under what I'm guessing is the trampoline. Way too cool. I'm sure your little one loves it, too! :)

sunshinesls said...

Sounds like Emma knows how to have some fun!

Here's to that "friend" being gone forever and ever!

Wow, the picture made it by one vote...shows that everyone's vote truly does count in life!!!

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

SO many good pictures!!

I wish I had a macro setting - that is a beautiful picture. LOVE the freckles. :)

CC said...

Loves these pics. The cross eyed ability is cool. ;) and the staples pic is very powerful. Hope she is doing well.

Michelle said...

I hope all went well with your wife and your unwanted guest is gone and never to return.

Love all the pictures!

imbeingheldhostage said...

I giggled all the way through-- ok, not at the staples picture, I gagged for that one and can't believe while your poor wife was recouping, you were photographing her tummy!

The trampoline shot was a dangerous one, well it would be if anyone heavy was bouncing. Congrats on your discovery, it is another bonus for your fans :-)

Melissa ♥ Spoiled Mommy said...

As always your pictures are stunning...I love the last one as well.

Lindsay said...

Ewe. The staples are kinda yucky. But then again, so was the stuff they took out, too.

Love the Honey Bucket pic - too funny.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Love the freckles on her nose....so cute and feminine.

I hope your wife is recovering and feeling much better.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Those photos are awesome. And the staples...yikes. Frighteningly real. The trampoline shot...sometimes you have to almost kill yourself to get an awesome shot. Congrats. You did so!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Next time forewarn me about a staple photo...YIKES!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the cross-eyed picture. That girl of yours always has such amazing personality in your pictures.

The outhouse is hilarious.

And I too would wonder about the 8 out of 10. Hmmm wonder what the name of 10 is...