Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Honest Scrap and Hugs Awards!!

My friend Kacey, over at Chronicles of a Mommy, has passed on the Honest Scrap and the Hugs Awards to me. But before you read this, you should really go check out her list of fascinating tidbits -- it's unique to say the least (just don't let her know you're reading, she's a little paranoid!)





So, the rules are I have to list 10 honest things about myself...and not put you to sleep at the same time. Get yourself a Red Bull and hang on, here we go:

1. I'm a HUGE Jimmy Buffett fan. In fact I'm listening to "Cheeseburger in Paradise" as I type this. Fins Up!

2. I have more books on my ipod than songs -- currently making my way through "Founding Brothers" by Joseph J. Ellis. It's cool. I swear!

3. I have crooked toes -- the only inheritance I have from my mother. From my dad I get hairy arms. I am truly blessed. 

4. I almost dropped my first daughter the first time the nurse handed her to me. Somehow they still let me take her home. I've never trusted nurses since that time. 

5. Everyone says I make some kind of little, satisfied laugh in the back of my throat, whenever I think I've said something clever. Apparently I also think I often say clever things. I have never heard this so called "noise."

6. I can't stand to type, with someone reading over my shoulder (that's for the benefit of my nine year old son, who is reading over my shoulder as I type).

7. I am addicted to lotion. 

8. I've composed music for my wife and each of my children. 

9. This is a reach: I am 1/32 Paiute Indian. As a child I believed that that is why I could run faster than all the other kids (which is up for debate). It was either that or the superman cape I wore everywhere. 

10. As a child my parents never let me play in the front yard...but I'm sure it had nothing to do with the aforementioned cape...or the space helmet...or the cowboy boots...or the cowboy  guns...or the lightsabers...or the...well you get the idea...




So there it is, and I swear it's all true. 

Thanks Kacey!

(Oooh I think I just made that little noise again)


Oh and VOTE! The time is almost up!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...I laughed toooo hard!!

Michelle said...

You are too funny! But what I want to know is what brand of lotion are you addicted too??

Cecily R said...

My guess is that it's was cape. MY cape gives me the power to bend steel. And talk in circles.

tammi said...

Haha, awesome post! I can certainly see why OTHERS would make that sound in the back of their throats when YOU say something clever!!

Mom24 said...

You and Emma.

I love Jimmy Buffett also. Unfortunately, I do not have an ipod and I always have a mad scramble to fast forward on the CD when "Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw" comes on. :-)

My hubby has dropped our babies...what's up with that???

I'm curious about the lotion too.

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

LOL. Love the list!

And I bet it was the superman cape that helped you to run so fast. :)

Anonymous said...

The lotion, yes, me too. You are a funny man. I used to think I was invisible.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I know what you mean about the nurses. I still can't believe they let us bring Legare home...What were they THINKING!! Although come to think of it...at least we didn't DROP HIM!!!!