Wednesday, April 1, 2009

365: Week 13

Day 85


March 26: Self portrait #2. Actually, I was trying to do some thing else, but... So what can you learn about me from this photograph -- I mean besides the fact that I obviously don't clean my mirrors?


Day 86

March 27: We're going to Disneyland in May. Mickey Mouse is ALL I think about lately. I can't begin to convey how much I need this trip. The Disney theme for 2009 is "What will you celebrate?"

This year we're celebrating the gift of life. 


Day 87

March 28: Victory! The Green Dragons (who like to call themselves the Choo Choo Trains -- because they're weird, nine years old boys) won the soccer game 8-0. 

Guess who scored the 8th goal...Matthew!!

It was his first goal ever! (Matt is number seven -- the kid in front, with the glasses).


Day 88

March 29: Brown Eyes. 

This is my niece Annie. If you ever visit Pam, you already know Annie. 
In our family, there are thirteen grandkids. Twelve of them have blue eyes (blue eyes are recessive, by the way). Only Annie has brown eyes. She turns three today (as I write on April 1st) and she and I have always had a special relationship. We've always been drawn to each other. 

I rarely get to see Annie anymore, as she is living in Tennessee now, and will soon be moving to Germany. But she has been in town this week and I got to see her Sunday and Monday. I'm cherishing this time, because she's going to be doing a lot more growing between visits, from now on, and I'm afraid that I won't have her all to myself anymore, from here on out. 


Day 89

March 30: Annie again. We were playing Liar Dice, and she was on my team.

She preferred to "make castles" with the dice. 


Day 90

March 31: A little hope. 

It's been snowing every other day here, for nearly a week now. It's frankly getting a little depressing. 

But someone forgot to tell the trees that it wasn't still Winter, and they've been moving right along with their plans for the Spring. 


Day 91

April 1: Magic beans!

These beans are magic, because even if it's snowing outside, you can pop some of these babies in your mouth and...

*POOF!*

Suddenly it Springtime!

In your mouth.

I wonder what would grow if Emma planted these in the garden?

14 comments:

Shannon Strong said...

LOVE this post and the photos. I am so jealous you are going to Disney-have a blast and {take lots of photos} haha! Hope you are having a great week.-Smiles

Mom24 said...

The photos are great. I hope you have a great trip to Disney. I have a close friend finishing up radiation from a breast cancer recurrence, the week after she's done? She's going to Disney World. Celebrate Life indeed.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Matthew!! Loved the photos and am sooo excited for your trip to Disneyland!! WooHoo!!

Anonymous said...

You're a lefty?

I love me some Jelly Belly's.

Michelle said...

Congrats to Matthew on his goal and to his team for the win!

Looks like you have a "snow" tree too!!

Jelly Beans! Lit like they deserve.

Pam Emmons said...

So I left a post a while ago, but I don't know where it went....
Anyhoo, awesome pictures. I figured you would post something about Annie. She talks about you all the time, so I don't have any doubt that she will always have you in her heart.

kayerj said...

I like spring time in my mouth!

Thanks for stopping by, you had the best suggestion for the dog--I'm definitely calling Ringling Brothers tomorrow!

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

Day 85 - I think it's a very nifty picture lol.

Day 86 - Can i come? lol Ive never been to Disneyland before. I hope you and your family have a blast there. I think we should all celebrate Life this year ... and every year after. It truly is a gift.

Day 87 - Congrats to Matthew!! How exicting! And to win by 8-0; wow!!

Day 88 - She's so pretty :) Happy belated birthday to her.

Day 89 - That is a really awesome picture. I can't figure out why exactly I like it so much, but it's really great!

Day 90 - Beautiful picture. The weather here has been odd ... cold one day, warm the next. Frost one morning, green/brown grass the next. But the tullips are starting to grow!

Day 91 - I like the red ones the best ... and I think Emma should plant a couple and see what happens. Maybe they really are magic and she'll grow something extra special!

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

Beautiful photos! Annie is a doll, and I love the flowering tree. :)

kayerj said...

thought I'd come by again and tell you I enjoy your blog so much I gave you an award--you can pick it up at my site any time.

CC said...

Yeah on the soccer goal! And I had no idea it was so easy to make spring happen. I guess I'd better go get some jelly beans!

Can you take me to Disney too??

Val said...

Annie is growing up. She is still just as cute as ever! Congratulations to Mathew on his victory! Our first game is Saturday hopefully we will have the same results.

Pete said...

Day 85. What I can learn about you from that picture...You're hairline is receding. I can also learn that you're NOT a lefty. I'm assuming that's shooting into a mirror, not shooting at your lefty "good" twin. (you're the evil one)

Corey~living and loving said...

all are pretty fabulous! :) one of my favorite posts to see all week.

I loved the soccer shot. mainly because it is hard to not get a shot like that and have it look snapshotish...and you did it. rock on!