31 Posts in 31 Days: #18
Do you ever get over loaded? Where you just have too much information rattling around in your brain?
One of the problems (as I see it) with the world we live in today, is the sheer volume of information bombarding us at all times -- from television to cell phones to radio to emails to texts to tweets, and on, and on ad nauseum -- we have constant input, and no time to process it.
I get so that I can't think straight, until I release a little of the pressure. So here goes (I'll probably regret this when I can't think of anything to post for the next 12 days)...
The world, as I see it, at 9:25 pm, July 18, 2008:
1. The world lost an amazing man friday night. Walter Cronkite has passed away. Cronkite was one of my heroes. He was the standard by which all television news anchors have been measured, and none since have come close. He was professional and dignified, and he was fair. His time at CBS covered a remarkable series of events. Cronkite broke the news that President Kennedy had been shot. He told us of the deaths of Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr. It was Walter Cronkite's voice that the world was listening to on July 20, 1969: "Neil Armstrong, 38 year old American, standing on the surface of the moon..." We will not see the like of Walter Cronkite again. The most trusted man in America has left the building.
2. If America ever fails, it won't be the Republicans or the Democrats that take her down, it will be the uncaring and uninformed citizens. This experiment in freedom only succeeds if we work to make it succeed. The People are sovereign -- the power is in your hands. Use it wisely.
3. I think it is unbelievably moronic that Brooke Shields is peddling prescription eyelashes on T.V. With a straight face, and a deeply troubled voice. PRESCRIPTION. EYELASHES!
4. I watch way too much Diners, Drive Ins and Dives on the Food Network. But Guy Fieri is so cool! And I want his '68 Camaro.
5. My guitar won't stay in tune -- I think it's time to change out the strings.
6. I took one of my cameras in to get repaired. They told me it would be 2 to 3 weeks -- it's been almost eight. Every time I call they tell me that they're working on it as we speak. I'm starting to wonder...
7. I'm going to change out every picture in every frame in my house.
8. Sonja Sotomayor is going to be confirmed as a Supreme Court justice. She believes it is a judge's prerogative and responsibility to dictate policy. She and I disagree.
9. The Governor of South Carolina needs to be horse whipped, and thrown out of office.
10. Sarah Palin's political career is over. Why would we elect her to higher office, if she can't handle the stress and scrutiny of the Governorship of Alaska?
11. I have a fiddle. I wish I knew how to play it.
12. I get a kick out of Facebook, I've reconnected with so many people I thought I might never see again, and with so many new friends too. I have yet to tweet.
13. The 40th anniversary of the first moon landing is on Monday. I need to start thinking about what I want to say about it.
14. I started reading the Rex Morgan MD comic strip, because I think his wife is HOT! I also think Betty and Veronica are hot, but that's not the reason that I read Archie Comics. Well, not the only reason.
15. I've been at a job I hate for ten years. People keep telling me to find a way to get paid to do the things I love. I don't know how.
16. Oh, and my best friend Aaron is selling puppies. They're chiweenies (half dachshund, half chihuahua -- personally, I'd call them weeniehuahuas. But that's just me.) They're very adorable, especially if you're into large rodents. :P
Check them out here so Aaron will stop hounding get me to take one -- no pun intended.
I feel much better now.
In honor of Walter Cronkite: And that's the way it is...