Friday, July 12, 2013

100 Words: Generation X (a sensory experience)

I am Generation X.

I don't like the term personally, but we're kind of stuck with it. 

I was thinking about what my generation remembers, sensorily speaking, of our childhood.

I close my eyes, and it all swirls around me...




My generation smells like the inside of a 7-11, and fog machines.


     --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It tastes like Wonder Bread and Coca Cola.


      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



It feels like the handle of an Atari Joystick, in my right hand. 


It sounds like a cacophonous jumble of synthetic instruments and four man hard rock bands.




      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


It looks like a kaleidoscope of neon clothes and summer movie posters.



No comments: